When you sign up to become an instructor on the RYS platform, you agree to abide by these Instructor Terms. These Terms cover details about the aspects of the RYS platform relevant to instructors.
As an instructor, you are contracting directly with RYS.
1. Instructor Obligations
As an instructor, you are responsible for all Course Content that you post, including video lectures, quizzes, course exercises, practice tests, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, and announcements.
You represent and warrant that:
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information under Instructor’s profile
- you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, permissions, and authority to authorize RYS to use your Course Content as specified in these Terms
- your Course Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights (you have not broken any copyright rules while making your Course content)
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Course Content and use of the Services
- you will respond promptly to students and ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
You warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user
- use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students
- engage in any activity that would require RYS to obtain license from or pay commission to any third party
- frame or embed the RYS Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise sidestep the rules
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another instructor’s account
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or courses
- abuse RYS resources, including support services (technical support, design and marketing)
2. License to RYS
You grant RYS the rights to format/edit/layout/design and market your Course Content and to sublicense it to third parties for these purposes directly. This includes the right to add captions or otherwise modify content to ensure marketability and accessibility.
Unless otherwise agreed, you have the right to remove all or any portion of your Course Content from the RYS platform at any time.
We may record all or any part of your Course Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the RYS Services. You grant RYS permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling your Course, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature (Consent)
3. Trust & Safety
3.1 Trust & Safety Policies
You agree to abide by RYS’s Trust and Safety policies (including Restricted Topics policy). And other course quality standards or policies prescribed by RYS from time to time. You should check these policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your use of the platform is subject to RYS’s approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove courses, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- an instructor or course does not comply with our policies
- a course falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience
- an instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on RYS or bring RYS into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule
- an instructor uses the marketing services of a third party who violates RYS’s policies
3.2 Co-Instructors and Teaching Assistants
The RYS platform allows you to add other users as co-instructors or teaching assistants for courses that you manage. By adding a co-instructor or teaching assistant, you understand that you are authorizing them to take certain actions that affect your courses. RYS is not able to advise on any questions or mediate any disputes between you and your co-instructors. If your co-instructors have an assigned revenue share, their share will be paid out of your earned revenue.
3.3 Relationship to Other Users
Instructors don’t have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you’ll receive about students is what is provided to you through the RYS Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the RYS platform, and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store students’ personal data outside the RYS platform. You will indemnify RYS against any claims arising from your use of students’ personal data.
4.1 Price Setting
When creating a course, you will be prompted to select a base price. You may want to participate in promotional programs (early bird discount, happy hour, flash sales).
When a student purchases using a foreign currency, their choice of integrated payment getaway (PayPal/Stripe/Direct Bank transfer) will automatically convert the relevant Base Price or Promotional Program price into the student’s applicable currency using their own system. For example, if a student pays in foreign currency using PayPal, PayPal will use its own conversion rate and deduct a transaction fee.
Since each payment getaway method (PayPal/Stripe/Bank Transfer) has a fixed rate of deducting transaction fees, those conversion rates and transaction fees may not be identical to the applicable market rate in effect when a transaction is processed. RYS doesn’t reserve the right to change the conversion rates or waive the transaction fees.
You give RYS permission to share your courses for free with our employees, with selected partners (for promotional purposes), and in cases where we need to restore access accounts who have previously purchased your courses. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
4.2 Promotional Programs
RYS offers 5 day promotion campaign from the launch of your course. You may choose to participate in several optional marketing programs (Promotional Programs). These programs can help increase your revenue potential on RYS by finding the optimal price point for your courses and promoting them through additional marketing channels.
There is no up-front cost to participate in these programs.
5.1 Revenue Share
Please note the payment gateway system (PayPal/Stripe/Bank Transfer) will automatically deduct transaction processing fees, including foreign currency conversion fees and wiring fees. Your revenue report on RYS website will show the sales price in GBP and this figure doesn’t usually represent the deducted amount (transaction fees, conversion fees or wiring fees). Therefore, when a student purchases your course, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount received by RYS from the student (“Gross Amount“). From this, we subtract 3% administrative and handling fee and any amounts paid to third parties in connection with the Promotional Programs to calculate the net amount of the sale (“Net Amount“).
If you have not opted into any of RYS’s Promotional Programs, your revenue share will be 70% of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions, such as student refunds. If we change this payment rate, we will provide you 30 days notice via email.
RYS makes all instructor payments in British pounds (GBP) regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. (If Instructor chooses to be paid by PayPal, RYS can pay in USD too)
5.2 Receiving Payments
For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a PayPal or Stripe account in good standing and must keep us informed of the correct email associated with your account. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income, if applicable depending on where you live.
Depending on the agreed method, payment will be made within 30 days of the end of your delivered Course.
If we cannot settle funds into your payment account after the period of time set forth by you, we will save it until we hear further instructions from you.
You acknowledge and agree that students have the right to receive a partial refund. Instructors will not receive any revenue from transactions for which a refund has been granted.
If a student asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor or (2) where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the instructor’s courses.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use RYS trademarks where we authorize you to do so (Using RYS logos in coursebook/ebook/worksheets/videos/promotional and marketing materials).
- only use the images of our trademarks that we make available to you
- only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your RYS courses and not anywhere else
- immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your courses or services; or
- use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
7. Deleting Your Account
Instructions on how to delete your instructor account are available on the website. We’ll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your courses, your name and that Course Content will remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted. If you need help or encounter difficulty deleting your account, you can contact us via email email@example.com
8. Miscellaneous Legal Terms
8.1 Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and RYS reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
8.2 Relationship Between Us
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
9. How to Contact Us
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.
I hereby agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions
Name: _______________________________ Signature: ____________________ Date: ______________